Here you will find the answers to the most common questions we receive from our customers. If you don’t find the answer to your question, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.
Brands and Agencies
Zexel Pay is a payment and invoicing solution offered by Zexel Software SL, aiming to streamline the payment process for content creators and assist companies in obtaining invoices on their behalf.
- Fill out the payout request form, including: Subject, creators’ email addresses, and the desired transfer amount.
- Request the payout
- After approval, in the Zexel Pay payouts request panel, a link will appear for payout with a transaction summary and payout options.
- Once the payout is made, an invoice will be sent, and the payout processing for content creators will begin.
- Once all transactions are completed, you will be notified with a transaction summary.
It’s a service provided by Zexel Pay, where brands and agencies can request payout from a content creator and receive a single invoice for the entire transaction. This invoice will include the tax details representing the content creators, in this case, Zexel Software SL.
It’s a service provided by Zexel Pay, where brands and agencies can request payout from multiple content creators and receive a consolidated invoice for the entire transaction. This invoice will include the tax details representing the content creators, in this case, Zexel Software SL.
A consolidated invoice combines the earnings of multiple content creators into a single document. This can be useful for brands and agencies managing multiple campaigns with many content creators.
For brands and agencies, the benefits of using consolidated invoices include:
- Greater visibility: They can provide an overview of the earnings of multiple content creators, helping them make better decisions on where to invest their marketing budgets.
- Increased transparency: They can help ensure accurate information about content creators’ earnings, reducing the risk of disputes.
- Improved efficiency: They can save time and money by paying content creators in one place.
To issue an invoice to a brand or agency, we request the following information:
- Company name
- Legal name
- Fiscal address
- Postal code
- VAT/Tax ID
- Contact name
- Contact title
- Invoice date
- Invoice number
- Description of services provided
- Amount of each payment to each creator
- Total invoice amount
- Invoice due date
This information is necessary to issue the invoice correctly and for the brand or agency to make the payment.
Self-employed have a range of responsibilities, including:
- Contributing to Social Security
- Paying taxes to the tax authorities
- Maintaining their business accounts
- Complying with labor regulations
- Protecting their business from risks
Zexel Pay is a Payment and Invoicing solution offered by Zexel Software SL, with the aim of facilitating the payment process for content creators and assisting companies in obtaining invoices on their behalf. We act as intermediaries in the payment process, providing a secure platform for funds transfer between companies and content creators.
Additionally, we offer billing services on behalf of content creators, issuing invoices in compliance with applicable legal requirements.
Furthermore, we provide tax advisory services to content creators to enable them to receive payments legally.
- Fill out the payment request form, including: Subject, the brand’s email address from which you wish to request payment, and the amount you wish to receive.
- Request payment
- The brand or agency will receive the payment request notification by email and proceed to approve and make the payment.
- Once the payment is completed, an invoice will be sent to the brand or agency, and the transfer to the creator’s account will be initiated.
- Wire transfer
To receive payments in your bank account, you must be a resident of Spain or the European Union and have a verified NIF or VAT. Don’t worry! We can provide guidance.
- Amazon gift card
To receive payments on an Amazon gift card, you don’t need a verified NIF or VAT; you only need an Amazon account.
To send funds to your bank account, you will need to provide the following details:
- Tax information of the creator:
- Company or individual name
- Fiscal address
- Postal code
- NIF/CIF/VAT Verified: If you are not registered as a company, we can assist you with Zexel Services or refer to the E-Residency Tax Guide to learn how to obtain a verified NIF/CIF/VAT.
2. Bank information:
- Account holder’s name
- Account number: IBAN
- Routing code
- Bank name
- Postal code
You can also provide an email address to receive payment notifications.
A Value Added Tax Identification Number (VATIN) is an identifier used in many countries, including those in the European Union (EU), for Value Added Tax (VAT) purposes.
In the EU, VAT or NIF-IVA is a tax identification number for entrepreneurs and self-employed individuals who engage in intra-community transactions, meaning transactions with clients within the EU. A VAT identification number can be verified online on the official EU VIES website. It confirms that the number is currently assigned and can provide the name or other identifying details of the entity to which the identifier has been assigned. However, many national governments will not provide VAT identification numbers due to data protection laws.
The NIF or CIF is the tax identification number assigned to individuals or legal entities in Spain. It is mandatory for all individuals or businesses subject to taxes in Spain. The NIF or CIF is used to identify individuals or businesses in commercial transactions, tax documents, and other official documents.
To obtain an NIF or CIF, you need to apply to the Tax Agency (Agencia Tributaria). The application process varies depending on the type of individual or business applying. In general, it requires submitting certain documents, such as the ID card (DNI) or foreigner ID number (NIE), birth certificate, or the company’s constitution certificate.
Once you obtain the NIF or CIF, you need to keep it up to date. This can be done by submitting a modification declaration to the Tax Agency when there are changes in personal or business details.
The NIF or CIF is an important document that should be kept carefully. It is required in commercial transactions, tax documents, and other official documents.
Here are some of the benefits of having an NIF or CIF in Spain:
- It allows the identification of individuals or businesses in commercial transactions.
- It is necessary for filing tax returns.
- It is required for obtaining government permits and licenses.
- It is needed to open bank accounts and access financial services.
- It is required for international travel.
If you are a resident in Spain or have a business in Spain, it is essential to obtain an NIF or CIF. You can find more information on how to obtain an NIF or CIF on the Tax Agency’s website.
According to labor regulations, the limits are not entirely clear, despite having established a set of conditions.
It is true that contributing to Social Security and covering certain benefits as a worker is essential. It is necessary to maintain access to rights such as retirement, access to bonuses, and more.
However, beyond the legislation itself, there are real problems for those who decide to carry out self-employed activity but do not, at least initially, earn sufficient income to cover the costs of contributing to the RETA. Let alone making the activity profitable by paying the fees and taxes.
Is it legal to issue invoices without being self-employed?
Indeed, it is possible to issue invoices without being self-employed, but it must be done non-habitually.
- The most important requirement is that the activity is not habitual. It should be carried out on an occasional basis. If it’s not an extra source of income, but rather your primary means of living, you would be obliged to contribute as self-employed.
- It is also important that the income does not exceed the Minimum Wage (SMI) established by law. In other words, your activity cannot provide you with income greater than the minimum gross monthly wage set by Royal Decree 231/2020. However, please note that the Self-Employed Workers’ Statute does not establish a fixed amount of money as a threshold for whether you should register or not, but there is jurisprudence that considers the Minimum Wage as a reference.
From Zexel, we recommend that you should not invoice more than €1,800 in any given quarter, and only in three quarters, to demonstrate that the activity is not habitual.
You can also consult with the virtual assistant of the Spanish Tax Agency here.
One of the fastest and legal ways to obtain a verified VAT is to obtain E-Residency, following these steps:
- Register on Xolo Go with an independent location.
- Validate your account and add the VAT assigned by Xolo to your Zexel Pay profile.
- Add the IBAN assigned by Xolo Go.
- Request payment from Zexel Pay.
Note: Zexel provides suggestions, and individuals are free to make the decision that suits them best.